Friends of the Urban Forest makes it easy for San Franciscans to get new trees near their property.
Want a new tree? Click here to request one!
Have questions? Drop us an email or give us a ring at 415-268-0772.
Upcoming Community Plantings
|Neighborhood||Planting Date||Request Deadline||Neighborhood Page|
|OMI||July 20||June 8||fuf.net/omi|
|Outer Sunset||July 27||June 15||fuf.net/outersunset|
|Portola||August 17||July 6||fuf.net/portola|
|Bayview||August 24||July 3||fuf.net/bayview|
|Visitacion Valley||September 7||July 17||fuf.net/visvalley|
|Haight/Cole Valley||September 21||July 31||fuf.net/haight|
What does the community tree planting program include?
- Your tree is planted at no cost to you (including concrete removal).
- You can choose your tree from a list of city-approved options.
- You can be part of the process: help plant your tree and work with your neighbors to determine the future look and feel of your neighborhood.
- StreetTreeSF is responsible for pruning mature street trees and repairing tree-related sidewalk damage. Click here for details.
Why should I request a street tree?
Street trees provide you, your neighbors, and all San Franciscans with many benefits:
- Street trees calm traffic.
- Street trees reduce stress.
- The greener a property’s surroundings, the fewer reported crimes.
- Street trees reduce air pollution and water pollution.
- See more benefits here.
What if there’s already an empty tree basin adjacent to my property?
You’re required to plant a tree in the basin unless it doesn’t comply with city code (if you’re unsure, we can advise you). Take this opportunity to get a new tree with FUF and choose the species. Click here to request a new tree for your empty basin, or click here to learn more about our process for planting “replacement” trees in empty basins.