Friends of the Urban Forest makes it easy for San Franciscans to get new trees near their property.
Want a new tree? Click here to request one!
Have questions? Drop us an email or give us a ring at 415-268-0772.
Upcoming Community Plantings
|Neighborhood||Planting Date||Request Deadline||Neighborhood Page|
|Visitacion Valley||September 7||July 17||fuf.net/visvalley|
|Haight/Cole Valley||September 21||July 31||fuf.net/haight|
|Excelsior||October 5||August 14||fuf.net/excelsior|
|Bayview||October 19||August 28||fuf.net/bayview-2|
|Outer Richmond (from Park Presidio to 32d ave)||November 9||September 18||fuf.net/richmond|
|Noe Valley||November 16||September 25||fuf.net/noevalley|
|Excelsior||December 7||October 16||fuf.net/excelsior-2|
|Outer Sunset||December 14||October 23||fuf.net/sunset|
|Outer Richmond (from 33rd ave to Great Highway)||January 25||December 4||fuf.net/richmond-2|
|OMI||February 8||December 18||fuf.net/omi|
|Mission||March 28||February 5||fuf.net/mission|
What does the community tree planting program include?
- Your tree is planted at no cost to you (including concrete removal).
- You can choose your tree from a list of city-approved options.
- You can be part of the process: help plant your tree and work with your neighbors to determine the future look and feel of your neighborhood.
- StreetTreeSF is responsible for pruning mature street trees and repairing tree-related sidewalk damage. Click here for details.
Why should I request a street tree?
Street trees provide you, your neighbors, and all San Franciscans with many benefits:
- Street trees calm traffic.
- Street trees reduce stress.
- The greener a property’s surroundings, the fewer reported crimes.
- Street trees reduce air pollution and water pollution.
- See more benefits here.
What if there’s already an empty tree basin adjacent to my property?
You’re required to plant a tree in the basin unless it doesn’t comply with city code (if you’re unsure, we can advise you). Take this opportunity to get a new tree with FUF and choose the species. Click here to request a new tree for your empty basin, or click here to learn more about our process for planting “replacement” trees in empty basins.