Friends of the Urban Forest makes it easy for San Franciscans to get new trees near their property.
Want a new tree? Click here to request one!
Have questions? Drop us an email or give us a ring at 415-268-0772.
Upcoming Community Plantings
|Neighborhood||Planting Date||Request Deadline||More info|
|Excelsior||December 7||October 16||fuf.net/excelsior-2|
|Outer Sunset||December 14||October 23||fuf.net/sunset|
|Outer Richmond (from 33rd ave to Great Highway)||January 25||December 4||fuf.net/richmond-2|
|OMI||February 8||December 18||fuf.net/omi|
|Noe Valley||February 22||January 6||fuf.net/noevalley|
|Central Sunset||February 29||January 15||fuf.net/centralsunset|
|Inner Richmond||March 7||January 15||fuf.net/innerrichmond|
|Bayview||March 21||January 29||fuf.net/bayview|
|Mission||March 28||February 5||fuf.net/mission|
|TBD||April 18||coming soon!|
|Portola/Vis Valley||April 25||coming soon!|
What does the community tree planting program include?
- Your tree is planted at no cost to you (including concrete removal).
- You can choose your tree from a list of city-approved options.
- You can be part of the process: help plant your tree and work with your neighbors to determine the future look and feel of your neighborhood.
- StreetTreeSF is responsible for pruning mature street trees and repairing tree-related sidewalk damage. Click here for details.
Why should I request a street tree?
Street trees provide you, your neighbors, and all San Franciscans with many benefits:
- Street trees calm traffic.
- Street trees reduce stress.
- The greener a property’s surroundings, the fewer reported crimes.
- Street trees reduce air pollution and water pollution.
- See more benefits here.
What if there’s already an empty tree basin adjacent to my property?
You’re required to plant a tree in the basin unless it doesn’t comply with city code (if you’re unsure, we can advise you). Take this opportunity to get a new tree with FUF and choose the species. Click here to request a new tree for your empty basin, or click here to learn more about our process for planting “replacement” trees in empty basins.