Friends of the Urban Forest is located in Building 1007 of the Thoreau Center for Sustainability, between Lincoln Boulevard and Edie Road, in the Presidio, San Francisco, California.
- Take Lombard Street, heading west (toward the Golden Gate Bridge). Stay in the left turn lane to enter the Presidio through the Lombard Gate.
- At the three-way stop sign, turn right onto Presidio Boulevard.
- Presidio Boulevard. turns into Lincoln Boulevard; continue on Lincoln, pass the Thoreau Center for Sustainability on the right.
- Turn right onto Girard Road, which veers to the right and turns into Edie Road.
- Park in the parking lot on the right.
- The FUF office building (bldg. # 1007) faces Edie Road. Look for a two-story metal handicap access ramp attached to the northwest corner of the building; follow the sidewalk going underneath the ramp to FUF’s office door.
MUNI bus line #43 stops at the Thoreau Center for Sustainability.
MUNI bus lines #41 and #45 stop at the Lombard Gate.