- Size: Height: 30-45'; Spread: 25'
- Growth: Moderate to fast
- Character: Evergreen; upright, oval form; moderate canopy.
- Foliage: Green, glossy, oval leaves 4-6" long. New growth has a slight red tinge.
- Flower: Small, white, distinctive, but not showy flowers in clusters 2-4" across, bloom July-August.
- Fruit: Hard, brown seed capsules form in fall and persist on tree.
- Bark: Mottled, shredding, light brown or reddish bark.
- Watering: In general, 15-20 gallons per week for the first 2 years; 15-20 gallons twice a month for the 3rd year; as needed after 3 years (varies by soil, sun, and wind conditions).
- Tree Care: Moderate. Early pruning needed to train a good shape; pruning needed less frequently with age.
- Tolerance: Drought tolerant (once established), poor drainage, any soil, smog.
- Special Considerations: Prefers sun. Does not tolerate strong, steady winds.
- Notable Traits: Native to Australia. Low-maintenance street tree well adapted to harsh urban conditions. Disease and pest resistant.