We recommend the following professionals based on our observations, personal knowledge and client feedback. We make no claims about their rates, current certification, licensing and insurance.
Please let our staff know about your experience with any of these professionals. Your feedback will help us keep this list up-to-date.
- Tree Care
- Garden Services
- Sidewalk Repairs and Cutting
- Tree Stump Removal and Grinding
- Consulting and Legal Services
- Arborcadabra Arborist Company Inc., 415-PRUNE-IT (415-778-6348)
Elliot Goliger is a Certified Arborist and Certified Tree Risk Assessor who can assist you with consultations and with pruning small and medium trees.
- Bartlett Tree Experts, 415-206-0790
A national company offering scientific tree care, any size tree, including pruning, planting, removal, root pruning and consultations.
- California Tree Care, Johno Campos, 415-285-2802
Pruning all size trees, planting, removal, root pruning, consultations
- Christopher Campbell Tree Design, 415-239-6100
Fine pruning of any size tree, root pruning, planting, removal, some consultations.
- City Trees, Frank Fredericks, 415-626-8535
Fine pruning small to medium trees, pest diagnosis, root pruning and sidewalk repair, planting.
- Mr. Prune Tree Service, Christopher Ingram, 415-786-5725
ISA Certified arborist, specializing in aesthetic pruning and all phases of tree care, including planting and structural training of young trees, fruit tree pruning and rehabilitation of abused or neglected trees. Special interest in pruning of Japanese maples and black pines. Consultation services as well.
- Tree Shapers, Ted Kipping, 415-239-2420
Pruning all size trees, planting, removal, consultations
- Trees Company, Christopher Altman, 415-786-0464
ISA Certified and BA in Visual Art from Bowdoin College. Any size trees. Fine pruning to create layers, increase light and enhance views. Skilled at natural flow pruning, restoration, and shaping. Also available for planting, removals, and landscaping. Reduced rates for fixed-income households and community groups.
- Biosafe Yard and Garden Service, Vernon Pineau, 415-831-1699
Organic and sustainable gardening, believes in wasting nothing.
- City College Horticulture Department, 415-239-3236 (Leave message in the general voice message box.)
You can hire a horticulture student for small garden jobs.
- Dirty Hoe Landscaping, 415-282-1058
Fully licensed landscape contractors, pesticide applicators and certified arborist specializing in sustainable small scale garden design, installation and maintenance.
- Ellyn Shea, Garden Guidance, 415-846-0190
“Good Advice and a Helping Hand.” Pruning help, planting choices, containers, edibles, natives, houseplants, organic pest control.
- Mandeville Garden Company, 415-626-6243
Bay friendly landscape design and build. Also, organic and poison free garden maintenance, with pleasant skilled crew.
When planting a new tree in the same spot, the stump of the previous tree must be ground to a full 2 feet below the surface.
- East & West Bay Stump Removal, Kevin Morgenstern, 800-517-8867
- Mike’s Stump Removal, 650-368-4535
Sunset Concrete, 415-584-9605
- Gregory D. Pike, Knox Ricksen LLP, Oakland, 510-285-2500
Gregory D. Pike has 24 years of experience as a trial lawyer. His practice focuses on representing individuals, corporations and other entities in personal injury, product liability and premise liability litigation. In the premises liability arena, he represents and advises clients involved with tree disputes including actual and potential damages caused by trees, tree cutting, removal, encroachment, and view and boundary disputes.
- Dennis Yniguez, Tree Decisions, Berkeley, 510-649-9291
Dennis Yniguez is a Registered Consulting Arborist/Attorney and maintains an arboricultural consulting firm named Tree Decisions in Berkeley, California. In addition, Dennis has served on the faculty of the American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA) Academy for the past eleven years.