Tree Planting Forms

There are 2 different ways to sign-up to get a tree:

You can either fill out our “Electronic Forms” or use the “Downloadable Forms” links for hard-copies.  If you have any questions, please contact Kyle by phone at 415-268-0772 or by email with our contact form.

After the forms are submitted, we will be in touch regarding next steps.

Electronic Forms

Only the property owner is authorized to fill out the Electronic Forms. If you are a renter, please have the owner/legal agent fill them out or pass along copies of the “Downloadable Forms” located in the next section.

  1. Friends of the Urban Forest Letter of Agreement (Online Form). Filling out and submitting this form is the first step in getting a tree from FUF. We’ll contact you when we’re able to schedule your planting, and we’ll discuss species options and other details with you at that time.
  2. Department of Public Works Tree Planting Application (Be sure to select “Friends of the Urban Forest  Planting”)

Downloadable Forms

Once you have completed BOTH “Downloadable Forms” please scan them or photograph them with a digital camera, and email the resulting files to Kyle.  Or you can send them via U.S. mail or by fax (see our address and fax number here). If you don’t have a printer and want hard-copy forms, contact us.

  1. Friends of the Urban Forest Letter of Agreement and Planter Information Sheet (PDF file, 180 KB)
  2. Department of Public Works Tree Planting Application (PDF file, 147 KB. Please do not mail to the Department of Public Works)

 FUF Chalk Art

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What if I’m not sure what type of tree I want?
A. You can leave that part of the forms blank.  One of our arborists will discuss the options with you.

Q. What if I have an existing tree or a stump in the location where I want a new tree?
A. You must have it removed before we can plant.

Q. Am I making a financial commitment by submitting these forms?  What if I change my mind?
A. You can withdraw your application, and owe nothing, by sending an email message to the planting manager up to two weeks before the scheduled planting date.

Q. When should I send in payment?
A. We’ll send you an invoice when payment is due.

Q. I’m a renter; can I submit the forms?
A. Someone other than the property owner can complete and submit the “Downloadable Forms”, and can be identified as the caretaker of the tree, but the property owner must sign the forms. Only the property owner or legal agent is authorized to fill out the “Electronic Forms.”

Speak Your Mind